- Regular – $1.00
- Senior/Disabled – 50¢
- DC Students (with DC One Card) – free (only during weekdays, 5:30 am – 9:00 am and 2:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
- Children Under 5 – free (with paying adult rider)
The following discounted fares for transfers are applied only to riders using a SmarTrip®Card.
*Transferring to Circulator
- from Circulator (within 2 hours) – free
- from Metrobus (within 2 hours) – free
- from Metrorail – 50¢
- senior/disabled persons from Metrorail – free
- from Arlington Transit (ART) – free
- to Metrobus – 1.00
- to Metrobus Express – $3.25
- to Metrobus Airport shuttle – $6.50
- to Metrorail – 50¢ credit
*Riders paying with cash cannot receive a transfer.
- Cash – Circulator accepts coins and dollar bills in exact change only. The driver does not carry cash to make change. Simply place your fare in the farebox located near the driver.
- SmarTrip® Card – This is a permanent, rechargeable farecard you can use to pay fares and transfers on Circulator, Metrobus, Metrorail and more. To board a bus with a SmarTrip® card, simply tap your card on the fare box when you enter the front door.You may buy or add value to your SmarTrip® Card at any Metrorail station or at Metro sales offices, retail outlets, commuter stores and CommuterDirect.com.
- Passes – Ride all you want by purchasing unlimited-trip passes before you board. One-Day ($3), 3-Day ($7), Weekly ($11) and Monthly ($40) passes are available for purchase through CommuterDirect.com (see below).
Discounts are available to bulk orders of over 100. You may purchase passes online at CommuterDirect.com or in-store at the Commuter Store in Arlington, VA. For locations, visit commuterpage.com/stores.htm
- DC Circulator accepts the $17.50 7-day WMATA regional bus pass, which can only be loaded on to the Smartrip card. For more information visit: http://www.wmata.com/fares/purchase/passes.cfm#bus
- Limited Time Only – DC Circulator Commemorative 10 Year Anniversary SmarTrip® Cards are now available for purchase. Learn more