Develop, implement, and administer operator training and staff development programs to support RATP Dev’s mission and culture for excellent customer service.
Essential Functions / Process Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Train, evaluate and monitor all staff (Administration and Bargaining Employees)
- Conduct classroom and field training, give performance feedback, and conduct on-board and shadow observations when required to ensure compliance.
- Assist in the development of customer service training and refresher training programs, writing training materials, monitoring operator performances, and making recommendations regarding employee training to improve customer service.
- Confer with management to gain knowledge of work situation requiring training for employees to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations and/or technologies.
- Formulate teaching outline and determine instructional methods.
- Select or develops teaching aids, such as training handbooks or materials, demonstration models, visual aides, or computer tutorials.
- Conduct and schedule training sessions.
- Participate in identifying program needs and obtaining technical data.
- Maintain training records
- Assess effectiveness of training program and processes.
- Monitor and report program results.
- Advocate changes and recommend direction of program to improve performance.
- Perform support functions in the Training Department.
- Conduct new driver orientation
- Design and implement refresher training
- Coordinate Return to Work Training for employees.
- Prepare and maintain accurate training and performance records for all employees ensuring compliance with RATPDEV and Client requirements.
- Work closely with the Fixed Route Services with regards to operator training issues.
- Work closely with Fleet Maintenance with regards to mechanic training issues.
- Drive buses over designated routes in accordance with stated time schedules, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Three (3) years experience delivering training programs, curriculum, and classes for a medium or large organization
- Five (5) years experience in a mass transit environment
- Class B/CDL with a P endorsement
- General knowledge of bus operations in a public transportation entity.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work a varied work schedule sometimes with minimal notice.
- Ability to develop and present training curriculum, to document performance, to counsel employees, to keep detailed records.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse population.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to read, interpret, apply, and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Skill in identifying training solutions to business problems and developing curriculum, material, and classes to meet customer needs and foster the company philosophy.
- Skill in oral and written communication including the ability to make group presentations and facilitate learning for employees with diverse jobs, education and learning styles.
- Knowledge of adult education principals, practices, and techniques.
- Knowledge of group process, group dynamics and interpersonal relations.
- Ability to plan and budget for various training programs.
- Ability to access training needs, formulate training objectives and measure effectiveness of training programs.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with team members, managers, class participants and customers.
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to edit film
- Skill in utilizing Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Skill in using computers and related software.
- Ability to deliver training.
- Ability to develop and maintain current knowledge of training practices.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other RATP DEV, DDOT employees and the public.
- Public speaking, presentation, and facilitation skills
- Creativity and curiosity.
- Effective written communication
- Project and time management
- Self-starter who works with minimal supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365, and SharePoint.
Safety Sensitive Position:
This position is identified as a safety-sensitive position. An employee in this position is required to participate in the Employer’s testing program for prohibited substances. Participation in this program is a condition of employment with RATPDEV. A safety-sensitive employee is randomly tested for prohibited drug use or alcohol misuse while the employee is performing safety-sensitive functions; just before the employee is to perform safety sensitive functions; or just after the employee has ceased performing such functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Education: High school (Required)
To apply call (202) 991- 5595
RATP Dev is an equal opportunity employer.