The final 2017 Transit Development Plan is now available.
The plan outlines service changes aimed to better align DDOT resources with growing activity centers and improve the reliability of DC Circulator service.
The major service changes involve reconfiguration of two routes and the addition of regular late-night service between McPherson Square and Union Station, as well as a proposed fare media change to eliminate the use of DC Circulator-exclusive paper passes. DDOT expects the proposed changes to be implemented in April 2018.
DDOT is collecting feedback on the following proposed changes through Friday, February 16, 2018.
- Realign route to serve Union Station and Congress Heights Metro via Barracks Row and Downtown Anacostia
- Revise route schedule to include year-round Saturday service from 7:00 AM – 9:00 PM and new Sunday service 7:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Realign route to serve Eastern Market Metro to L’Enfant Plaza Metro via Barracks Row, Navy Yard Metro, M Street SE/SW, and Waterfront Metro
- Revise route schedule to include permanent year-round Saturday service from 7:00 AM – 9:00 PM and new Sunday service 7:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Revise schedule to include year-round late-night service between McPherson Square and Union Station from 9:00 PM to 3:00 AM on Friday and Saturday
- Eliminate unlimited-use paper bus passes. These are currently only valid only on DC Circulator. The WMATA unlimited Regional Bus Pass available to load on SmarTrip® cards will still be accepted. No change is proposed to the base fare of $1 per trip.
View the plans2017 TDP Service Change Plan Fare Media Plan View Presentation View Maps
*You can request a hard copy of each document from the DDOT office at 55 M Street SE, Washington, DC 20003, 4th floor. Please email email@example.com with “DC Circulator Major Service Adjustment Document Review” or “DC Circulator Fare Adjustment Document Review” in the subject line to arrange pick-up. The major service changes to Potomac Avenue Metro – Skyland and Union Station – Navy Yard Metro were part of the 2017 Transit Development Plan (TDP) Update planning process.
Comment period closed Friday, February 16, 2018. Thank you for your involvement.