DC Circulator to Modify Service on Multiple Routes this Weekend for Races and Events.
Saturday, October 26
Road closures and staging areas for the Walk & 5K to End HIV will impact the National Mall route in multiple locations on Saturday, October 26, 2019. To accommodate the event, Circulator buses will use 4th Street to avoid road closures from opening to 12 pm (noon).
The following stops will not be served between opening and 12pm (noon):
- Union Station (E St. NW / Columbus Circle)
- 3rd St between Jefferson Drive SW and Madison Drive NW
- Madison Dr. NW / 4th St.
- Once race activities have finished and streets reopen around 12 pm (noon), the route will begin normal service to all stops.
Sunday, October 27
The Marine Corps Marathon course will run on key parts of the National Mall Route, Dupont Circle-Georgetown-Rosslyn route and on the M Street portion of the Georgetown-Union Station route.
Due to street closures during the marathon, the following service changes will begin Sunday, October 27, 2019 at the start of service:
National Mall Route: Delayed Start – Service will begin at 2 pm
Dupont Circle-Georgetown-Rosslyn: Delayed Start – Service will begin at 2 pm
Georgetown-Union Station: Detour until 2 pm – All westbound buses headed in the direction of Georgetown will run regular service up until the Pennsylvania Ave. NW/22nd St. stop before traveling around Washington Circle and heading east back toward Union Station.
Buses will not travel into Georgetown and will not service the following stops (all stops west of Washington Circle):
- Pennsylvania Ave. NW/24th
- Pennsylvania Ave NW/26th
- Pennsylvania Ave. NW/28th
- M St. NW/Thomas Jefferson St.
- M St. NW/Wisconsin Ave.
- Wisconsin Ave./O St.
- Wisconsin Ave./Q St.
- Wisconsin Ave./R St. (Georgetown Library)
- Wisconsin Ave./34th
- Wisconsin Ave./35th Street
- Once race activities have finished and streets reopen around 2 pm, the route will begin normal service to all stops.