Introducing Fourteen 100% Battery-Electric Vehicles Made in the USA
Friday, April 20, Mayor Muriel Bowser announced the addition of 14 new electric buses to the DC Circulator fleet.
The electric buses will be released across all six routes May 1, 2018.
The District’s electric bus rollout will make it the largest electric bus fleet in the DC region, the current largest electric fleet on the East Coast, and one of the largest electric bus fleets nationwide.
The new electric buses come on the heels of the 2017 release of the 2100 Series New Flyer Clean Diesel vehicles. Together, the clean diesel technology, along with the new 100 percent battery-electric propulsion buses, are expected to reduce harmful emissions and offer the greatest passenger economy; helping to make the District the greenest, most livable city in the United States.
Benefits of 3000 Series Electric Buses
- Displace 88,900 gallons of diesel per year
- Eliminate more than 243,980 lbs of CO2 emissions annually
- Provide cost savings of more than $6 million during a 12 year lifetime.
- Reduce noise pollution throughout the District
Features of 3000 Series Electric Buses
- NEW free public WI-FI
- USB ports for charging personal devices
- Digital display screens featuring latest commuter info
- State-of-the-Art pedestrian safety alert system
- Powerful, driver controlled air conditioning