On Thursday, April 25, 2019, the DC Circulator joins hundreds of public transit providers, experts, and enthusiasts on Get on Board for Public Transit Day. Sponsored by the American Public Transportation Association (APTA), Get on Board Day is a national event aimed to bring awareness to the many economic, social, cultural, environmental, and safety benefits public transit brings to American communities.
Washington D.C. has consistently ranked among the top 10 major cities in the U.S. for public transportation. Its public transit network provides more than 300 million trips per year and approximately 31% of all commutes in The District are via public transportation.
We are proud to know our six route bus system contributes its own benefits to our city such as:
- Improved air quality with the largest fleet of zero-emission, 100% electric buses on the east coast.
- Greater personal savings with the only FREE major public transportation option in the city.
- Economic stimulation by connecting residents and visitors directly to local hot spots and activity centers for retail, tourism, and employment.
Join the Get on Board Day movement. Visit getonboardday.org/ to sign the petition and share your public transportation story.
Ride, Play & Win for Get on Board Day
Put your transit knowledge to the test! The more you know about public transportation in your area, the more rewarding it can be. Join us on Thursday, April 25 from 4 p.m. – 6 p.m. on randomly selected buses where riders will get the chance to answer fun transit trivia questions and win awesome prizes.
How To Play
When we board the bus we’ll ask for volunteers to answer up to three transit trivia questions. Answer all the questions correctly and get the opportunity to choose from several cool prizes. You’ll get a voucher for your prize, with instructions on how to redeem online.
Available Prizes Include:
- $50 SmarTrip™ card
- 1-year annual Capital Bikeshare membership
- Two tickets to a Washington Mystics game
- Tickets to a Washington Nationals game
- Tickets to a D.C. United game
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo premier membership for two
Follow us on Twitter to get prepared. We’ll be sharing fun transportation facts that could help you with the game.