The Fixed Route Operator operates various types of transit buses in revenue and non-revenue service.
Essential Functions / Process Responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned as necessary:
- Operates various types of transit buses in accord with RATPDEV policies, directives and procedures and in compliance with Federal and District of Columbia laws and regulations.
- Maintains a working knowledge of current bus routes and stops within the service area as well as the current fare structure and bus pass programs.
- Conducts self in an appropriate manner at all times, while working in a diverse environment, assuring a professional quality of service to all external and internal customers. This includes properly answering questions and solving transit-related concerns of customers.
- Aids customers with disabilities, including assistance in boarding and de-boarding, safely securing wheelchairs and announcing stops.
- Inspects assigned transit bus for mechanical problems. This includes conducting an external/internal visual inspection of the transit bus and pre-testing all necessary equipment, operating/safety devices and transit bus controls for use while in service.
- Completes reports accurately and legibly.
- Performs various physical duties to successfully complete job responsibilities. These can include but are not limited to, boarding and deboarding transit buses, operating the wheelchair lift/ramp, assisting mobility impaired passengers board or de-board transit buses, securing wheelchairs using a 4 tie down restraint system, lifting the bike rack, lifting baggage compartment doors as may be required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid Class B or Class A Commercial Driver License, with air-brake and passenger endorsements.
- Verification of High school education or general education (GED) is required.
- Must demonstrate a stable work history. Applicants should be prepared to provide additional employer information in cases where previous employment cannot be otherwise verified.
- Driving records must not reflect more than 2 moving violations, 2 at fault collisions, or 2 violations in the past 3 years and no more than 1 moving violation in the previous 12 months.
- Have a safe driving record with no DUI conviction during the past ten (10) years, qw verified by a third party multi-state record check and no felony convictions for violent crimes.
- If the applicant’s license has ever been suspended, the applicant must have two (2) full years with no violations
- Criminal Background Record
Job Type: Full-time
Education: High school (Required)
To apply, visit https://www.ratpdevnorthamerica.com/careers/
RATP Dev is an equal opportunity employer.