Riding DC Circulator During the Pandemic
Learn about the latest DC Circulator fare, service, and route information during the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Regular – $1.00
- Senior/Disabled – 50¢
- DC Students (with Kids Ride Free SmarTrip® Card) – free to school and school-related activities
- Children Under 5 – free (with paying adult rider)
The following discounted fares for transfers are applied only to riders using a SmarTrip®Card.
*Transferring to Circulator
- from Circulator (within 2 hours) – free
- from Metrobus (within 2 hours) – free
- from Metrorail – 50¢
- senior/disabled persons from Metrorail – free
- from Arlington Transit (ART) – free
- to Metrobus – 1.00
- to Metrobus Express – $3.25
- to Metrobus Airport shuttle – $6.50
- to Metrorail – 50¢ credit
*Riders paying with cash cannot receive a transfer.
- Cash – Circulator accepts coins and dollar bills in exact change only. The driver does not carry cash to make change. Simply place your fare in the farebox located near the driver.
- SmarTrip® Card – This is a permanent, rechargeable farecard you can use to pay fares and transfers on Circulator, Metrobus, Metrorail and more. To board a bus with a SmarTrip® card, simply tap your card on the fare box when you enter the front door. You may buy or add value to your SmarTrip® Card at any Metrorail station or at Metro sales offices, retail outlets, commuter stores and CommuterDirect.com.
- DC Circulator only accepts the $17.50 7-day WMATA regional bus pass, which can only be loaded on to the Smartrip card. For more information visit: https://www.wmata.com/fares/farecard-options.cfm