Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Safety Sensitive: No
Supervisor’s Title: Assistant General Manager -Administrative Services
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing effective customer service to internal and external customers at the front desk in the administrative division. This position also performs a variety of complex technical and administrative duties relating to personnel functions and provides support to employee and labor relations process and assists with the development and execution of administrative communications.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions listed below. The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
• Greets, screens, and directs internal and external customers and/or phone calls to the appropriate administrative representative.
• Provides routine and information; provides answers to standard questions from internal and external customers.
• Makes or cancels appointments; verifies meeting dates; schedules meeting rooms.
• Handles departmental incoming and outgoing mail; distributes to the appropriate Human Resources representative.
• Responsible for office supply inventory per procurement guidelines.
• Types standard letters, memorandum, spreadsheets, reports, and forms from drafts.
• Proofreads materials for accuracy and completeness; makes corrections as needed.
• Organizes and maintains personnel files; responsible for retention and archiving of all personnel records.
• Completes, verifies, and submits administrative paperwork, including forms for employment verification, invoicing and other required forms.
• Provides administrative support with daily activities including; assists with coordination/oversight of employees.
• Assists with the development of written communications; such as intranet and social media updates, newsletters, and HR announcements.
• Makes necessary updates to the “Need to Know”, safety and other bulletin boards.
• Creates and updates organizational/departmental charts.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
• High School Diploma.
• Three (3) years of experience in an administrative position.
• Flexibility to work overtime as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
• Basic knowledge and experience in human resources policies and processes, including but not limited to employee and labor relations, recruiting and selection, personnel files, compensation and benefits, performance and development.
• Basic knowledge of collective bargaining; employee and labor relations and research methods and techniques.
• Excellent organizational skills, with attention to detail and ability to multitask.
• Basic knowledge of principles and practices of dealing with the public in a tactful and effective manner.
• Ability to work with a high level of face-to-face public contact with a diverse population in a confidential setting.
• Ability to accurately enter and manage sensitive computer data and manual records.
• Ability to operate office equipment, including copiers, fax machines, and phones.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong listening skills.
• Strong presentation skills and the ability to communicate to groups.
• Ability to evaluate questions/inquiries and making appropriate responses or referrals.
• Ability to interact with internal and external constituents, both in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence.
• Ability to work as part of a larger team and have high levels of flexibility to change.
• Above average decision-making and problem-solving abilities.
• Above average mathematical abilities (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, ratios, and fractions), including the ability to apply principles of algebra and geometry.
• Ability to process and analyze data, to work with probabilities, and to make some statistical inferences.
• Ability to prioritize, organize, and manage tasks and time effectively; flexibility and adaptability required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented office environment.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time, to kneel/bend, and to move throughout the workday, occasionally between departments and/or facilities.
• Strong sensory skills, such as good hearing and good eyesight, including the use of color perception and peripheral vision.
• Ability to speak clearly.
• Ability to lift and/or carry 30 lbs.
Contact Cheyenne Payne, Human Resources Manager, at Cheyenne.email@example.com to apply.
DC Circulator is an equal opportunity employer.