DC Circulator to Modify Service for National Christmas Tree Lighting Thursday, December 1
The 94th Annual Pageant of Peace Ceremony & National Christmas Tree Lighting will lead to road closures affecting DC Circulator service. Heavy congestion around the event will likely lead to delays and extended wait times for buses on the Georgetown-Union Station, Woodley Park-Adams Morgan-McPherson Square and Dupont-Georgetown-Rosslyn routes. Riders should plan for additional travel time.
On the National Mall route, the following service changes will be effective on Thursday, December 1 from 2pm to closing. The National Mall route will run on the Modified Museum Loop starting at 2pm. This loop serves the museums along the National Mall, but turns back toward Union Station at 14th Street.
The Modified Museum Loop will not serve the following stops along the Tidal Basin or the Lincoln Memorial:
• 15th St. SW / Jefferson Dr.
• 15th St. SW near Maine Ave.
• E. Basin Dr. SW at Jefferson Memorial
• E. Basin Dr. SW near Independence Ave.
• Lincoln Memorial Circle SW
• Constitution Ave. NW / 21st St.
• Constitution Ave. NW / 18th St.
• 15th St. NW / Madison Dr.
Normal service on the National Mall route will resume on Friday, December 2.