(Washington DC) The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) today released the 2014 Final DC Circulator Transit Development Plan (TDP). DDOT completed the first comprehensive TDP in 2011 to guide the growth of the Circulator System. The 2014 update of the TDP was developed using public feedback from the Semi-Annual Open House in October 2014, six pop-up meetings, and online surveys held earlier this year.
The release of the final TDP comes at the close of a public comment period, which ended early November 2014. The project team’s responses to the comments collected during the public comment period are included in the Public Involvement Appendix.
The Final 2014 TDP identifies six new routes and four route extensions for the 10-year growth plan, which will be implemented in three phases:
Phase I (FY 2015 – 2017)
- New Route: National Mall
- New Route: National Cathedral – McPherson Square Metro
- Extension: Georgetown – Union Station Extension to National Cathedral
- Extension: Union Station – Navy Yard Extension to Southwest Waterfront
- Extension: Dupont – Georgetown – Rosslyn Extension to U St/Howard University
- Extension: Potomac Ave Metro – Skyland Extension to Congress Heights
Phase II (FY 2018 – 2020)/strong>
- New Route:Convention Center – Southwest Waterfront Service
- New Route: Serving NoMa (corridor pending further study)
- No extensions identified for this phase
Please see the TDP to review the plan.
For more information on the TDP, contact Circe Torruellas at email@example.com or call (202) 671-2847
Visit goDCgo.com for more information on transportation options in the District.