With clear route names, a simple fare structure and reliable 10 minute headways, the DC Circulator makes it easy and convenient to travel throughout the District.
Follow these tips to navigate our system like a pro:
Before heading out, identify your origination and destination points using one of three easy methods:
- Use our Interactive Map to determine the closest Circulator route and bus stop(s) to a specific address.
- View our Map and Information Guide for a full view of every stop on our entire system.
- Download DDOT’s RideDC app, free for IOS and Android, the app’s “Plan a Trip” feature allows you to chart a course between two destinations using DC Circulator and a variety of other transit options.
When you’re ready to ride, keep these simple steps in mind for stress-free travel:
- Each bus stop is marked with a Circulator flag where you should wait for the bus to arrive.
- Buses service each stop in 10 minute intervals during normal service conditions. For real-time arrival predictions, use the Nextbus Tab on the homepage.
- Make sure you’re boarding the bus headed in the correct direction. Each bus displays its final destination in bright LED lights above the front windshield.
- Have your payment ready when the bus approaches. Remember, riders using SmarTrip®cards save both time and money by taking advantage of our free/reduced transfers. Riders paying with cash must have exact change.
- Enjoy a comfortable ride! Notify the driver when your stop is approaching by pressing one of the stop buttons located throughout the bus.
- Gather your belongings and disembark safely.